When: Sunday, September 17, 2017
Where: Cherry Lane Park, East Lansing on Harrison Road across from Fresh Thyme Market and University United Methodist Church.
What: Come for an afternoon of lively and fun activities to build peace in our world.
Who: ALL are welcome! ALL is FREE! Bring your kids, families, friends!
Parking: Come early and park free across Harrison Road at the University United Methodist Church, University Lutheran Church and at the Islamic Center of East Lansing. Plus some parking on campus is free on Sundays.
Rain Plan: Join us for the full PeaceQuest schedule in the Islamic Center of East Lansing’s gym located at 920 S Harrison, East Lansing, MI 48823 (across the street.)
Volunteer: You can sign up as a volunteer by clicking here
12:30 p.m. Volunteer sign-in
1:00 p.m. Exhibitors sign-in
1:30 to 2:00 p.m. Music and exhibits!
2 p.m. to 2:40 p.m.
– Local leaders welcome us.
– Moment on Peace – spiritual leaders each share a message on peace
– Announcement of PeaceQuest-Niagara Foundation Art Contest Winners
– Peace March – bring peace signs if you wish for a short peace march! Feel free to wear traditional clothing, team tees, etc.
– Walk together to spread the message of peace! Fully accessible path.
2:40 – 4:00 p.m.
– Face-painting, making paper cranes, peace buttons, yoga, fishing for peace, and many more activities.
– Enjoy Uncle John’s treats, popcorn and more!
– Music with LeRoy Harvey. Performers: Chuck Deyo, John French, Santiago Laserna, Robby Ratan and the Haslett HS Drum Line! Sing along to new and traditional songs.
– Talk with people from around the world
– Continue conversations with our spiritual leader guests
– Meeting at the Peace Pole
– See peace efforts displays of local organizations
4:00 SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!
Feel free to join us in take-down tables and clean up Cherry Lane Park!
THANKS TO MSU for providing this beautiful place for PeaceQuest!