Will you and your organization participate in Greater Lansing Peace Quest this year? We welcome you to take part in Peace Quest 2017 (PQ17)- a week of peace related activities to be held from September 17 to 24, 2017 in the Greater Lansing area. The week coincides with the International Day of Peace (always on September 21) and is part of an international effort to promote peace and nonviolence. The main events for Greater Lansing Peace Quest 2017 are the “Day of Action” (for all ages) on Sunday, September 17 and the Concert Across America on Sunday, September 24 with many other events between to celebrate and encourage peace.
You may become involved in Peace Quest 2017 in a number of ways:
1. Your organization is encouraged to host a peace-related event during that week – or any time in September. Notify us and we will include your event on the Peace Quest calendar. Last year the week included lectures, sermons, films, concerts, a vigil, a peace march, children’s activities, discussions, an art contest, and a bike ride for peace.
2. Your organization may host a table and/or activity at our opening event on Sunday, Sept. 17 in the afternoon. Offer a peace related activity (art, game, etc) or a display of your peace-related efforts to share with the community.
3. Send a representative from your organization to be on the PQ17 planning team, which meets at least once a month.
4. Support PQ17 with monetary or in-kind donations (such as food, printing, etc.) to help cover event expenses. Your support will help make this event a success while building goodwill in our community. Three categories of donors will be listed on the PQ17 web page and will be recognized at the week’s major events and on PQ17 tees (if offered this year.) Sponsor categories include:
- Peacemaker ($500 and above)
- Dove ($250-499)
- Olive Branch ($100-$249)
5. Encourage your community to participate! Add PQ17 announcements, “save the dates,” into your newsletters and conversations. Attend events together!
If you and/or your organization would like to become involved, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you will support us in celebrating and working for world peace!