Who: Anyone, any age, anyone interested in a fun challenge!
What: Walk, drive, or bike in pursuit of as many Greater Lansing peace poles as you are able.
When: During PeaceQuest – anytime throughout the month of September.
Where: All over the Greater Lansing area! (see map/list of addresses here: https://www.mapcustomizer.com/map/Peace-Poles-Lansing)
Why: PeaceQuest is spotlighting the broad commitment to peace in our community. All participants increase awareness of it by posting their photos on Facebook.
- By your own means and at your own pace, find any or all of the peace poles erected throughout our community.
- Wear peace related clothing and/or carry/display peace signs/flags.
- Take a selfie at each pole (with bike if done on bike) and post photo on your personal Facebook page.
- While sharing use the following hashtag: #peacequest2019
- Once you have found and photographed at least 15 peace poles with you in each photo and posted them on Facebook, submit the form by clicking here. (For kids of age 10 and below, 10 poles is the minimum goal). In that form you will be asked to upload your photos. The form limits the number of photos to 10, so resubmit the form if you have more than 10 selfies.
- All who reached and photographed themselves with 15+ poles (10+ poles for kids) and posted them on Facebook and filled out the form will be listed on the PeaceQuest web site, will be recognized at the September 30 event at MSU and will also receive a “Peace Pole Pursuit goodie bag” and certificate of completion.
- To respect our community, visit peace poles during daylight hours.
If you know of a peace pole in the Greater Lansing area that is not on the list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details. We will add it to our map.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Waiver of Liability: This is an independent and voluntary activity. By participating in this activity, all participants (and such participant’s parent or legal guardian in the case of a minor), agree to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless the PeaceQuest team, any of its affiliates and all other businesses involved in this activity, as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each, from and against all claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries, and damages arising out of this activity, including but not limited to any claims for personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property or any other harm arising out of participants participation in this activity. Participants accept full responsibility for their own safety as they travel to, from and around each peace pole.